Wednesday 28 March 2012

And now introducing my Korean Angel: Ms Sujin!


Sujin!! (Su - jean)


When you first get thrown into Korea it can be tough. Especially without a Korean angel like this. Sujin is like my own personal angel who has helped me so much since i've arrived. She has got to be one of the nicest people in the world. At least in Incheon! She has never studied english but is pretty fluent and amazing and translating.

Sujin and I met at Cafe Bene while waiting for my internet to arrive. You may remember from one of my earlier posts or have even facetimed me while being there in my first few weeks of arriving. Sujin works here pretty much every day. 

I know her schedule in depth and have her on speed dial. 


Here are just a few friendly favours Sujin has helped me with:

1. Speaking Fun Korean - she has taught me all the naughty words to say and look out for from my kiddies at school. (Ahhh    CeeeEePpPPAALlLl == OHhhH Shhhiiiit!!

2. She has helped me order furniture for my apartment through the very resourceful g-market that seems to have everything but an english translate button *screw face*. Without this, it is impossible to know whether you are ordering the plain beige blanket or the one with Hello Kitty. God Bless this girl!

3. Not only does she help order my items, but she also gets out of her bed and walks to my house to let the delivery man in while I am at work since they do not work past 5.

4. She has hooked me up at Cafe Bene with some off the menu items. See pics below. Bun ah McDs...this is a Cafe Bene style Flurry! Proper. Let's not forget the baked sweet bread and dip! She also does not scamp on the cheese when I order my garlic bread :)

5. Seeing as Sujin only gets 5 days off a month! (pls take that in, a MONTH) and this is is never a weekend-- I can hardly ever get to take her out for dinner to thank her. However, I do go out for dinner quite a bit with my orientation peoples and it is very often that we cant read the menu. But guess who saves the day??? SUJIN! I just send her a quick pic of the menu through Kakao talk, hit her number on speed dial and hand my phone to the waiter. So far she has always answered and ordered the best foods.

6. If I make a comment about not feeling well, guaranteed the nest day Sujin will come with the Korean version of some solution. I was having back spasms and sure enough, she brought me some heating pad (ThermaCare) for my back the next day.


Sujin is the Best! I make it a point to tell her how I appreciate all her help. Ale and I took her out for dinner and of course Sujin insisted on paying for dessert. We met her boyfriend and had a great time. We went to a Twosome place which is an upscale Cafe Bene (overpriced too if you ask me)...and as a foursome had a great time!
















No comments:

Post a Comment