Saturday 3 March 2012

Tour of Incheon...well not really


Ale and me - Tour of Incheon
Day 4 of orientation was supposed to be a tour of Incheon. I was super excited thinking that we would finally get to see the neighbourhood. Perhaps where we might be teaching...nice spot of
Incheon...well that didn't really happen. We ended up going to "Genese" Chocolate featuring Korea's most famously known chocolate chef. He taught us without any English (a true test in itself). I think mine turned out pretty damn good for a first-timer.








Chocolate  Chef!
My filled chocolate truffles!!!
Chocolate all over the table...
These are the Chefs...cant take credit for these




Cam Secord?








BLAM!

















My BOSS Chocolates








Boxed...I will try to save some for visitors...tryyyyy

















After chocolate making, we headed to a restaurant for
lunch...Bibimbap...we went through this remember? scroll down and
look...the mix-up business. Anyways, it was pretty good. They tried
to offer me "ice soup" which is Korean soup that is literally ice
cold. Me not liking cold food gave a quick pass and filled up on
kimchi (Korea's National dish) and Bibimbap.

Koreans always have a lot of side dishes
cold, pickled, and fermented


































Food is a real hit and
 miss here. The other day at lunch,we were given sandwiches. I chose a BLT...except my BLT included mustard, mayo, pickels, bacon, apples, and lettuce and tomatoes...I picked out what I thought was not necessary and kept it moving...(Cam's gotta eat). At dinner on the same day, there were what looked like chicken balls, so I threw one
back only to find out it was Octopus...I almost puked it right back on the table. To be honest, it wasn't terrible. It tasted a little
fishy and chewy...it was definitely the thought of it...but I'm still 
not interested. That was a definite first and last.
Pickles and apples?












After lunch, we went to a pier in Incheon. It was pretty cool. Lots
to see and eat. Korean snacks were everywhere. Dried squid or octopus tentacles anyone? mmmmmaybe not, but definitely cool to see how other cultures get down on their snacking. I'll stick with Cheetos thanx. Anyways, we ended up going on a ride called "TA GA DA". It is apparently a pretty well-known ride in Incheon - also would be illegal in Canada. There is no restraints to hold you in... in fact, the goal is for them to make you lose your grip and fall from one side of the ride to the next. I was petrified. I held on for dear life while the locals got a good laugh in.


Korean snacks
 









Korean form of entertainment...dressing up like a
female and performing a song...


Where I almost lost my life,,,

Some guys from orientation






No comments:

Post a Comment